Monday, November 26, 2018

Streamlining

A friend recently declared that I was a “master of whisper minimalism”.  I had to laugh at that and my reply was, “Oh, if only...”

My house is still filled with things that I don’t need or want.  And while I have been working over the last two or three years to remove excess “stuff” from my life, I don’t have the time to devote a feverish and driven effort to becoming a minimalist.

I am not interested in becoming obsessed with any one of my particular goals.  A gentle and conscious effort is good enough for me.  Slow and steady wins the race...even when the race seems to be running out of time.

So my motto has become, “Don’t Panic”.  And then I do the best I can.

Right now, I am more interested in streamlining.  This practice is all about taking a look around at my environment, assessing my needs, and putting my resources to work for me in the most efficient manner possible.  Admittedly, I am challenged in this area of my life, but I am learning.  Practice, they say, makes perfect.  And while I don’t seek perfection, I do look for ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment